Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Targe 2018, Kirremuir


      "Blimey, I had just put down the Colonel's breakfast kippers in front of 'im this morning when he says "Bishop, get the staff car polished up and then go to the Paymaster and draw some fuel coupons; we're off to Scotland" 
   Oh bleedin' 'eck, I thinks, bang goes my game of darts down at the Crown this Saturday. I was a shoe in for the first prize in the local darts competition; first prize ten shillings!
    "Yes sir; polish the staff car, collect fuel coupons it is, sir!" I replies, smart as yer like. "Sir, one question, sir?" Fixing me with his beady eye and with his mouthful of kipper he says, "Yes, what is it, Bishop" 
     "Well sir, what time are you carrying out this 'ere inspection, sir; if you don't mind me asking, sir?" says I, pouring him his tea.
      "Ah, worried about our game of darts, are we, Bishop?" he says, flecking my battle dress with bits of half chewed kipper. "Don't worry, we'll be back in time: timings at Targe 2018 are first parade 10.00 hours till 16.00 hours on the 10th November. Got that?"
      "Got it, sir" says I, smiling and pouring the milk into his tea.


      So we'll see you there, chaps, now orf you pop before the Provost Sergeant McTavish turns up"
Basher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boiling Mad Bishop Passes On A Message

      Alright lads, it's Basher 'ere. 'ow you doin' then? Good? Lucky you! I's been incapacip...incorp...inpacacita...